Follow Us On FacebookFollow us on Twitter

What if I have an accident while I am on my work placement?

It is pretty unusual for young people to get injured on work placement but sometimes accidents do happen. If it is the fault of the workplace then they may have to compensate you. If this happens you may need to contact a solicitor. Call us and ask us about this if it applies to you.

Your school should check that your employer has proper insurance in place, before you start work. Usually, all employers have to do is to tell their insurer that you are going to be doing work experience there.

You might want to ask your school what the insurance covers. The school may be able to take out extra insurance cover to give you better protection if that is what you need. They are not required to take out extra insurance just because you think it might be a good idea, but if there is a good reason for it they should consider it.